Over the last few years, there have been several tragic incidents related to infants, young children and pets inadvertently left in the back seats of cars in adverse temperatures. ChecktheBack! is a child car safety app developed by MobileDev99 to help prevent such occurrences. After driving, ChecktheBack! sends a notification to your Android Phone, iPhone and/or Apple Watch to remind you to check the rear seat of your vehicle. The notification is accompanied by a photo that you upload to the app as an additional means of jogging your memory about your precious cargo. Two minutes after sending the initial notification, ChecktheBack! sends another one, just in case you happen to be juggling multiple things at once. Adding widgets to your home screens, Today View, and lock screen will further help to remind you to check the back!
- Language support (iOS and Android):
Features and Benefits:
- Approved by Apple to send iOS Critical Alerts. Notifications appear and a sound is played whether your iPhone is locked, muted or Do Not Disturb is on.
- Sends a notification to Android Phone, iPhone and/or Apple Watch to check the backseat shortly after a driving trip.
- Allows for adding a photo that appears in your notifications to further help jog your memory. The photo can be updated at any time.
- Set it and forget it - no need to interact with the app after initial setup.
- Vehicle independence - No fumbling with settings, bluetooth connections, nor linking your phone to vehicles. ChecktheBack! works on your phone regardless of the vehicle you are traveling in.
- Uses the most energy efficient algorithms to optimize battery life.
iOS Features (coming to Android soon!)
- ChecktheBack! widgets are available for home screens, Today View and lock screen. Helps to jog your memory to check the back! Add them to all your home screens, Today View and lock screen to always remind you to be vigilant.
- Dismiss current notifications with a long press of a notification. Works on iPhone and Apple Watch notifications.
- Acknowledge notifications and dismiss them when a notification is displayed while the app is open.
- Reset notifications from within the app by tapping the X in the toolbar.
- Open the app by pressing on a widget.
Disclamer: ChecktheBack! is NOT a substitute for remaining aware of your children or pets in the backseat and it DOES NOT in any way guarantee outcomes. It is a tool to help you in your efforts to avoid leaving your children or pets in the backseat of a vehicle for an extended period of time. ChecktheBack! SHOULD NOT be solely relied upon to remember to check the backseat before leaving your vehicle.
ChecktheBack! Support Form
Required fields marked with an asterisk*